Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter weekend

I can't believe Easter has come and gone. We had a wonderful weekend. And I feel holidays are so much fun when you have kids. This was Clints first Easter and he turned 8 months on Saturday. He is probably around 13 lbs. It feels like he has been small for so long. But I have to realize he started out at 2 lbs. So even though he is 8 months he is like a 5 month old. He is getting to be so much fun. I feel like I can finally start enjoying him and not be so stressed out all the time. He has found his voice so he loves to talk. Clint has a paralyzed vocal cord due to the heart surgery he had. So we have to wait to see how much will come back. They say it may take up to a year to see how much of his voice will be recovered. He still has a very soft cry. But when he talks he seems to be able to get louder than his cry. So that is always a good thing. Another thing he loves is his hands. The only problem with that is that he always makes himself throw up. So his sister has found a solution. She will tie his arm selves together so he can't get his hands in his mouth. Taylor has been so good with clint. She is such a good helper. Clint loves his sister and I love to watch them play together. I can't believe how fast time seems to fly. And we are excited for spring and the warmer weather.










Taylor and Mason coloring eggs.










Taylor and Clint Easter morning










Taylor decorated Clint with her grass from her basket










Grandma Mathison came up to visit. We love to have visitors!!




























Taylor having an egg hunt @ her aunt Laura's house










Mason got Clint his first Utah Jazz Shirt










Here is Clint with his fingers in his mouth. The thing he loves to do the most.










Cuddling before bedtime. Taylor loves to cuddle before she goes to bed.










I love those cheeks! I could kiss them all day.

9 comments:

Heidi and Casey said...

Tara.. I can't believe how big he is getting! It was so fun to spend some time with you and your family yesterday. Taylor sure looks cute in her dress and her head band looks great! Thanks again for having us all over yesterday it was great just to hang out and sing:D Oh and I'm still new at this blog thing just figured out how to add people to my blog. Heather has done it for me for awhile but now i have some things to learn about blogging! I love you and thanks again for all you do!

Unknown said...

Hey Tara! I'm so glad you emailed me - I just saw that you had a blog from Emily's and was wondering how your cute family was. I am so glad that Clint is well and getting so big! I wanted to cry reading that post. I have never seen him; what beautiful kids!

Missy said...

Thanks for the invite. Your family is so cute! Clint is getting so big and Taylor is gorgeous.

Brian and Kristy said...

I love Taylor's dress. She looks like such a little princess. And I agree about the cheeks. I could kiss them all day too! Such cute kids. Love ya!

Heather said...

All your picture are so CUTE!!! Taylor is so pretty and her dress is so CUTE!!! I also would just kiss those cheeks of Clints all day!!! And thanks for having us over the other day!!! We had lots of fun!

Mary said...

Tara, Thank you for coming over to my house today. It was so fun to have you, Taylor, and Clint here. I love to see you. Your pictures are so cute.

Ackerman Family said...

I'm so happy to hear Clint is doing so well. You have a very cute family. Keep in touch please.
Love
Brooke

Melinda said...

Tara- It's so good to see you and your beautiful family!!! Taylor is so adorable- you can tell she has a lot of spunk! And I'm so glad to see that Clint is so big and healthy! What a huge blessing- I'm so glad he's doing so well. You all look great!
It's so fun to see pics of you and your family!

Marcie said...

Cute pictures , of some cute kids. This is such a fun way to be able to catch up with everyone. I wanted to let you know that Crystal and Melissa and Lindzee and all going to be in town at the end of the month. We are trying to get together for dinner, and I know you don't live close anymore and that you are probably very busy with you kids but we would love it if they was some way you were able to come. We are planning on wednesday May 27th. If you think you might be able tocome let me know, so I can tell you where we will all be meeting. It would be fun to see you!