Saturday, July 31, 2010

Chest tube out!!

So, this last week we had a little set back. Natalie was still producing a lot of fluid out of her chest tube so they had to take her feedings away again and just give her TPN, nutrients that she needs through her IV. The only thing is that she knows what a full tummy feels like. It was so sad she would cry and go to town on her binky. Good thing she loves her binky. But it still didn't make it easy seeing her get so upset because she wanted to eat. They wanted to try and "dry her out" to hopefully get her body to stop producing so much fluid.

Well, that seemed to be the fix. Today they took out her chest tube!!! The chest tube was coming out on its own so they decided to pull it out. She has been so happy with it out and eating everything she needs to from the bottle. So, we might not need to take her home on a feeding tube!That would be such a relief for me. The feeding part wouldn't be the hard part. It would be my two year old and the little busy body he is, I would be afraid he would pull it out or something horrible like that.

So, they will continue doing a chest x-ray everyday to watch for any fluid build up. And if there isn't we could be going home this week. I know I have said this before but hopefully this will be the week. It seems like we are on a roller coaster ride. We will be doing so well one day and not the next. So it is hard to get too excited about going home. But I want to thank everyone again for all that you do for my family and I. It is really neat to know that so many people care.

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Tara and Mason, what a beautiful little Miracle! I know you must be such amazing parents to be blessed with such a sweet little spirit in your family. I so glad she is starting to progess and I hope she and ALL of you are able to go home soon! You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Sean and Marcie Bourne Family